Abortion: Murdur of the Unborn

It is against the law to murder. That much is indisputable. It is even one of the Ten Commandments:
"You shall not murder." Exodus 20: 13
And also in Matthew 5:
"You have heard that it was said to the people long ago, 'You shall not murder, and anyone who murders will be subject to judgment.'" Matthew 5:21
And in Leviticus 24:
"Anyone who takes the life of a human being is to be put to death." Leviticus 24:17 
And yet approximately 125,000 innocent children are killed worldwide every day.

Abortion has become somewhat of an epidemic as people seek to end pregnancies they either didn't ask for or that resulted from a bad decision. There have even been disputes about control over one's own body, as well as about whether a fetus is an actual human being or not.

God has shown us throughout the Bible that ALL life is to be valued, including that of children. Jesus, as stated in Matthew's account of the gospel, says
"Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever takes the lowly position of this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. And whoever welcomes one such child in my name welcomes me." Matthew 18:3-5
He calls us to become like children because of their innocence and faith. In the very next verse he goes on to say that if anyone causes a child to stumble (especially in their faith), it would be better for them to be drowned in the sea. The matter of children is one that's taken quite seriously, and now here we have people killing children off for their own convenience!

And yet God places a high value on life, so much that the Bible is full of instances when people praise him for it.
"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." Psalm 139:13-14
"From birth I have relied on you; you brought me forth from my mother's womb. I will ever praise you." Psalm 71:6 
"The word of the Lord came to me, saying, 'Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations." Jeremiah 1:4-5
 "You, Lord, took up my case; you redeemed my life." Lamentations 3:58 
If we, then, value life so much, why do we unblinkingly take it from those who have no choice? Women with unwanted pregnancies may fight for "women's rights," but then turn around and take away the rights of the women who haven't even been born yet. They may say things such as "my body, my choice," when the baby's body really isn't your body at all, or claim that the fetus is nothing but a "clump of cells." In reality, that "clump of cells" is a developing human being and is alive from the moment of conception.

Therefore, if one if found in such a situation, there are other options besides abortion. There are maternity centers for women who find themselves in unplanned pregnancies; organizations that exist to help women through their pregnancies and find adoptive parents for the babies if the mothers can't care for them.

Abortion is the worst solution, but thank the Lord it isn't the only one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

White/Male Privilege?

On Physical Appearance